Today I went to visit the lambs and though it was very, very muddy. They were ever so cute and even my dog Pepé loved them, though he was overly excited.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I blame revision. All of the maths has pushed the one thing that should matter out of my mind. And I thank my sister in resolving this with the message ‘TOPCAT MOVIE!!!’. How could I have forgotten about the most effectual Top Cat. Despite there only being 30 episodes in existence I remember most of my childhood with him. I am therefore most looking forward to the movie just to join in with new adventures with the gang. The voices are not quite as good as I remember and the new style animation makes me despise modern day animation, but if it introduces Top Cat to a new generation I am very happy.
I found this video, which has been getting a lot of publicity recently and I imagine much more in the near future and really wanted to share it with you. It’s a video posted by Shaun Wilson-Miller aged 17 from Australia. Shaun has a terminal illness called chronic heart rejection, causing the rejection of his transplanted hearts. He has been told by doctors that he has only matter of weeks left and decided to post a video to his friends on Facebook. Unfortunately due to a technical error it wouldn’t upload so tried again on YouTube, and the video just for his friends received 10,000 views overnight. Even though the video is very sad, and I recommend you have some tissues ready, it is also extremely inspiring. A boy who can encourage people to make the most of their lives knowing he will not get to fulfil his own is truly an inspiration and will deeply missed by mankind.
My thought’s are with his family and friends. Be brave and follow Shaun and have ‘an awesome ride’
This was another random shot which I had to take when I noticed that the clock faces on Big Ben. London, were not agreeing on the time. This was just down to the alterations being made but not something you see every day!
After the loss of my dog Toby, I was hesitant to get another. But after a while of missing having a dog I welcome Pepé the Labradoodle. Here in his favourite position sitting between someone’s legs!
This is from ‘how it should have ended’ and basically looks at films and decides how they should have ended. Quite amusing and I believe basically it’s all Hermione’s fault.
I have already listed 10 obscure facts from Harry Potter, yet I feel some of them are pretty known now, so with this list I have delved a bit deeper and the jewels can be found below.
1. The core of the Elder Wand is Thestral tail hair. JK Rowling says this is because it’s such a powerful and tricky substance and hence only possible of being mastered by a witch or wizard who is capable of facing death.
2. In the Goblet of Fire, Sirius was originally meant to live with a Figg like woman called Mopsy in Hogsmede, who was an extreme dog lover, and so happy to take in Snuffles. But this was late cut and replaced with him living in the cave.
3. The squib Arabella Figg, cat’s aren’t all what they seem, she does a roaring trade in cross breeding cats with Kneazles, creating very intelligent cats such as Crookshanks.
4. Hagrid’s wand, and the remains in his pink umbrella, are Oak. However JK Rowling has commented that if she had used the Celtic system for assigning wands, he would have been given an Elder wand. She says that as the Oak is ‘The King of the Forest’ in England and is known for it’s strength and protection. Summing up Hagrid.
5. Ron’s owl Pigwidgeon is Scops, which is a very small unshowy owl, and is meant to reflect it’s owner. (The unshowy bit, not the small!)
I had been stumbling and found this chain quiz, which tastes your knowledge and spelling of all things Harry Potter related. You can find it here. It’s extra tough as if you can’t answer the question you can’t move on. I managed to do it with 2:13 remaining. What can you do it in?