What if there was a galaxy far far away in which the characters from Star Wars actually existed and recreated famous images from the world of film, art, music and history. Well thanks to David Eger’s amazing works the galaxy is a hell of a lot closer. Check out the full article here. But here are a few of my favourites.
Category Archives: Random
Stumbling around today I found these absolute stunners taken from yearbooks. I got them from Retronaut, but I have seem several of them around before. I did think about making this a quiz and letting you guess who’s who but looking at the images they are just so easy. Instead I thought I’d give you a taster.
Dita Von Teese
Seriously loads more if you haven’t had enough. Visit Retronaut.
I was looking through some old pictures and found these classics from Sixth Form. Basically if your not fully up to date with the death of the Dinosaurs, these images show basically what happened. As they are very graphic bloody scenes, we used toy dinosaurs to destroy each other. Who ever said the education system was poor was an idiot….and probably though dinosaurs didn’t exist.
After the loss of my dog Toby, I was hesitant to get another. But after a while of missing having a dog I welcome Pepé the Labradoodle. Here in his favourite position sitting between someone’s legs!
I hope to see more geeky graffiti like this in future travels.
I would really love to get home and see this on my bed, unless I crashed out and woke up in a melted, chocolatey, sugary mess. But generally it would be quite wonderful.
This is from ‘how it should have ended’ and basically looks at films and decides how they should have ended. Quite amusing and I believe basically it’s all Hermione’s fault.
I have already listed 10 obscure facts from Harry Potter, yet I feel some of them are pretty known now, so with this list I have delved a bit deeper and the jewels can be found below.
1. The core of the Elder Wand is Thestral tail hair. JK Rowling says this is because it’s such a powerful and tricky substance and hence only possible of being mastered by a witch or wizard who is capable of facing death.
2. In the Goblet of Fire, Sirius was originally meant to live with a Figg like woman called Mopsy in Hogsmede, who was an extreme dog lover, and so happy to take in Snuffles. But this was late cut and replaced with him living in the cave.
3. The squib Arabella Figg, cat’s aren’t all what they seem, she does a roaring trade in cross breeding cats with Kneazles, creating very intelligent cats such as Crookshanks.
4. Hagrid’s wand, and the remains in his pink umbrella, are Oak. However JK Rowling has commented that if she had used the Celtic system for assigning wands, he would have been given an Elder wand. She says that as the Oak is ‘The King of the Forest’ in England and is known for it’s strength and protection. Summing up Hagrid.
5. Ron’s owl Pigwidgeon is Scops, which is a very small unshowy owl, and is meant to reflect it’s owner. (The unshowy bit, not the small!)