Being a bit bored of what I’m doing I have decided to compile a list of 10 obscure facts about the Harry Potter series. Obviously most potter maniacs will know them as it runs in their blood, but to recent fans or maybe for film-solo fans they will be lovely. I would like to credit all the Harry Potter websites and forums who helped me compile this list. What is the collective term for Harry Potter Fans? Glee fans are Gleeks. Twilight fans are
losers, sorry I mean Twihards.
But what is there for Potters?
1. Dementors don’t breed like everyone else but spawn from decay. Such as from mould or fungus.
2. Crookshanks, Hermione’s cat is not 100% cat. Instead it’s half kneazle, this is why it is so suspicious of Ron’s Rat Scabbers, which turns out to be Wormtail.
3. In earlier stages The Death Eaters were going to be called the Knights of Walpurgis. I’m glad she settled on Death Eaters.
4. Ginny’s full name is not actually Virginia, but Ginevra.
5. The code Arthur Weasley uses to get into the Ministry using the public entrance, i.e. using the Telephone box is 62442, which spells out MAGIC. Cool right?
6. There are 10 types of dragon mentioned in Harry Potter they are:
- Antipodean Opaleye
- Chinese Fireball
- Common Welsh Green
- Hebridean Black
- Hungarian Horntail
- Norwegian Ridgeback
- Peruvian Vipertooth
- Romanian Longhorn
- Swedish Short-Snout
- Ukrainian Ironbelly